- The S.P.R is a non profit-making international association which was founded in the USA in 1968. It is dedicated to the development of scientific research in the field of psychotherapy. Since 1991 the official journal "Psychotherapy Research" has been published.
- This association is of a multi-inter-disciplinary character, since technical and professional competencies (medicine, psychology, psychiatry, philosophy, linguistic, sociology, mathematics, computer technology, etc.) are necessary in order to carry out these researches. The association brings together researchers from various disciplines whose common interest is the engagement of spreading the knowledge and quality of psychotherapies independent from their theoretic and clinical backgrounds of the different existing psychotherapy schools. There also exists the North American, the South American, the English and the European section.
- Amongst the projects of the S.P.R. - Italy is going to be the set up of a data base of psychotherapy sessions and the realisation of a suitable clinical file to document psychotherapeutic processes in an institutional ambient.
- The S.P.R. - Italy invites everybody whose directly involved in the field of psychotherapy research to become a member of the association and at the same time we are asking everyone who is interested in promoting this field of research (private citizens, public and private institutions, associations, psychotherapy schools) to financially or instrumentally support the association's finalised projects. At present we are proceeding with the creation of a "register of psychotherapy researches" which is going on in Italy at the moment with the aim to favour the contact and the collaboration between researchers who work on projects of common interest in order to avoid possible wasting of energy and human resources, to improve the methodological standards and to create surveys of a wider and more general relevance.
- To subscribe to the S.P.R. - Italy and the International section follow the indications on the page "Subscriptions".