EATGA promotes research on the cultural foundations of groups and of personality. An important aim is to explore the unconscious and undifferentiated parts of our cultural self, as it is formed by transgenerational transmissions and our personal experiences in different cultures.
These experiences are mobilized by irritations in transcultural settings, and analysed in large and small groups (S.H.Foulkes). In former Workshops we explored Identity, Ambiguities, Belonging, Trauma, Myths, Prejudices ...
In this Workshop we will try to progress from cultural divergences to their working-through in a transcultural dimension.
Belonging to more than one culture creates more complex mourning, flexible (re)constructions and new points of reference. Are these conscious and unconscious experiences, in spite of the many difficulties they involve, rewarding sources of transcultural abilities?
- Can the elaboration of ambiguous introjections and contradictory ethics lead us to fruitful doubts, more tolerance and respect for cultural particularities?
- Can separations and renunciations teach us to survive in times of uncertainty and social disintegration?
- How can these ego-broadening energies enrich our non-individuated cultural unconscious, and contribute to collective social competence?
We invite you in our transcultural Group Setting to share the dynamics of cultural differences and transcultural working-through, and to discuss respective hypotheses with us.
Plenary and Scientific Input (Laszlo Kruppa).
10-11:30h: Small Groups (SG: Leaders: Silvia Amati-Sas, Malcolm Pines, Mary Spreng-Courtney).
Large Group (LG).
Lunch-Buffet in the Workshop-Hotel Winter´s.
20h Social Dinner
(Restaurant-Info in this morning).
9:30 -10:30h: LG.
LG: Hypotheses by Overhead and Closing Discussion.
The Workshop languages are English and French. Les langues de la Conférence sont l´Anglais et le Fran¨ais.
EATGA Staff; Silvia Amati-Sas (I), Malcolm Pines (UK), Mary Spreng-Courtney (CH), Elisabeth von Strachwitz (D, Scientific Responsibel and Supervisor), Laszlo Kruppa (Organizer), Susan Scharwiess (Applications, Hotels), Margarete Meador (Treasurer).
Please send your Application: name, address, e-mail ... to: Susan Scharwiess, e-mail: Strachwitzeli@aol.com, Windscheidstr.12, D - 10627 BERLIN, Germany. Tel = Fax: +49.30.3238287.
Participation Fees: 90,euro can be payed in the Workshop-Hotel Winter´s on 29.9., 9 - 9:30h. They include both days participation, all Coffee Breaks and 29th. Lunch-Buffet.
50 participants maximum, following the order of your inscription.
Please organize Hotel reservation your self, not too late, because on that Week-End is the Berlin Marathon! and the City quite overcrowded!
(If you must cancel after reservation, please ask Susan Scharwiess first, because there will probably be a waiting list.).
1. The Workshop-Hotel:
Winter´s *** Hotel Berlin Mitte, Hedemannstr.12, D-10969 Berlin. Metro "Kochstrasse", on Friedrichstrasse (U 6). Fon: +49.30.3198618.7, Fax: +49.30.3198618.8, e-mail: email@example.com, Internet: www.winters.de. Modern Hotel in historical building, reserved 10 rooms with special price "for EATGA" untill 31th of May 2007: Single 69,euro, Double 79,euro ! (normal price more than 100 euro).
In the following Hotels E.v.Strachwitz made reservations (before Scharwiess got the job), so ask "for Strachwitz":
2. ****ANGLETERRE Hotel (3 min walk to the Workshop-Hotel Winter´s): Friedrichstr.31, D-10969 Berlin, Metro "Kochstrasse" (U 6); Fon: +49.30.20213.300, Fax: +49.30.20213.333. Elegant historical palace (1870), Single 155,euro, Double 165,euro per room (when you reserve at least 2 nights). firstname.lastname@example.org, internet: www.gold-inn.de.
3. ETAP-Hotel (5 min walk to the Workshop-Hotel Winter´s): Anhalter Str.6, D-10963 Berlin, Metro "Anhalter Bahnhof" S 1, 2, 25, 26. Fon: +49.30.2576770, Fax: +49.30.20213.333, Reserving-Nr: 166822. Single 58,euro, Double 68,euro. Internet: www.etaphotel.com.
4. Pension Galerie (small, opposite Workshop-Hotel Winter´s): Hedemannstr.25, D-10969 Berlin, Metro "Kochstrasse" (U 6). Fon: +49.30.2513842, Single 50,euro, Double 70,euro. e-mail:email@example.com .
5. Hotel am Anhalter Bahnhof (8 min walk to Workshop-Hotel Winter´s): Stresemannstr.36, D-10963 Berlin, Metro "Anhalter Bahnhof" S 1, 2, 25, 26. Fon: +49.30.258007.0. Single 70,euro, Double 105,euro. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
How to get there: (Here are passages independent from Marathon line):
From Airport Tegel: Bus TXL128 to "Kurt-Schumacher-Platz" > Metro U6 (direction "Alt-Mariendorf") to "Kochstrasse".
From Airport Schönefeld: Bus X7 or 171 to "Rudow" > Metro U7 (direction "Rathaus Spandau") to "Mehringdamm" > Metro U6 (direction "Alt-Tegel") to "Kochstrasse".
From Central Station "Hauptbahnhof" Taxi ca. 7 min, ca. 10,euro (Tunnel).
By Car: also Tiergarten-Tunnel will be best, from Hauptbahnhof to Schöneberger Ufer. Parking possibilities perhaps best arround Hallesches Tor.
Interesting: nearby: Jewish Museum: Lindenstr. 9-14.
Checkpoint Charlie and Wall Museum: Friedrichstr. 43-45
not far: Wall, Gropiusbau, Potsdamer Platz, Philharmonie, Gendarmenmarkt
We make some cultural propositions later